Centrally Funded PLD
What is Centrally Funded PLD?
Centrally Funded PLD is a structured and planned programme of professional learning and development, funded by the Ministry of Education.
How can TTS Help?
TTS is able to offer Centrally Funded PLD in the following national priority areas:
- Inquiry Science
- Digital Fluency
- Digital Technologies | Hangarau Matihiko
We’ve developed a model for delivering this that minimises release time.
- Observing: PLD facilitator looks at classroom management, task design, IT integration, curriculum integration, and reflects these observations to each teacher.
- Modelling: PLD facilitator models modern teaching methods with children.
- Workshopping: more traditional PLD, usually a one hour after school session. Looking at larger concepts.
Before making a proposal, there are a number of things you need to consider which includes:
- Does your Kāhui Ako, school or kura have a high number of students achieving below expected standards
- Does your Kāhui Ako, school or kura have achievement challenges in National Priorities and is your proposal to access PLD aimed at lifting student outcomes in National priority areas?
To complete a Centrally Funded PLD proposal there are a number of questions your proposal should answer. These include:
- What are you trying to achieve?
- How does this relate to the overall goals or strategic direction of the school, kura or Kāhui Ako?
- Who else will be leading the PLD?
- Details of what support you need?
- What other internal expertise do you have to support the PLD?
- What external expertise do you need?
- What other PLD will you be undertaking during this period?
What does Centrally Funded PLD cost?
Find out how TTS can assist your school with putting together a proposal today.